Re: [BTSS] Some WH changes with the Grey Knights pre-order

Thursday, March 10, 2011

 

I preordered some Grey Knights last night and, yes, they are *really* expensive-- I am definitely going to mix in the old metal model instead of going all-plastic due to the cost. The good news is that the style of the metal models will fit in just great with the new plastics (and, in fact, the codex still uses many of the same metal character models).

I also had a chance to go through the codex fairly closely. I cannot remember exact stats, but it does include Inquisitor Karamazov as an HQ choice who now gets a neat Orbital Strike ability every turn he stays stationary. I rather like the idea of him standing with a Purgation Squad (the GK equivalent of Devastators) and just calling an Orbital Strike every turn of the game. OUCH! It also includes all the Assassin options, which appear to have improved stats from the WH codex. The henchmen options are all there, but also some new additions including a strange monkey guy who enhances weapons-- odd, but killer rules.

I am really pretty excited as an Inquisition fan. I expect to field a 2000 pt army of half Grey Knights and literally the other half just using my old Inquistors and henchmen.

In the color pictures the older =I= models fit in just perfectly with the new plastic ones. Nifty. (FWIW, I expect ebay prices for Assassins and Inquisitors to jump like crazy, so buy them now if you want them.)

-Tom

--- On Thu, 3/10/11, Craig X <denimvst@hotmail.com> wrote:

> From: Craig X <denimvst@hotmail.com>
> Subject: [BTSS] Some WH changes with the Grey Knights pre-order
> To: battle-sisters@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 10:26 AM
>
> Not sure if anyone else noticed but "our" Inquisitors (i.e.
> Inquisitor with Power Sword / Inferno Pistol / Plasma Pistol
> ) are now also listed under the Grey Knight army list. I
> think the Arco's have been duplicated too - don't think they
> were under Demon Hunters before.
>
> Also, blisters of Battle Sisters are back - they
> disappeared from the site a while ago.
>
> As an aside, looking at the Canadian prices for basic GK
> troops - $8 each (i.e. $40 for a box of five). Termies at
> $12 each ($60 for five). No thanks. I'll pick up a few more
> metal troops for my WH army in the next few months, but if
> these indicate the prices for plastic Sisters, the producers
> of Malifaux, Dystopian Wars and others will be getting my
> gaming money.    
>         
>           
>  
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>     battle-sisters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment