Re: [BTSS] Some WH changes with the Grey Knights pre-order

Thursday, March 10, 2011

 

Well, I somewhat agree but not fully. There is much more variety of pose in the plastics, and the bits are great. I plan to add some of the books and banners to my metal models to help them blend in. There is also much more player options in weapon choices, although I think the halbred is a perfectly reasonable option anyway so not really a problem to just use the metal models with them.

I take your point about the walker-- it certainly looks a bit cumbersome. The most common comparisons I heard last night were either the big mech from Avatar or sometimes the lifter in Aliens. That said, the detail on the model is pretty cool. I think it is just a matter of taste. Personally, I am happy that GW made a heavy support 'mech' that was not just another Dreadnaught variant!

-Tom

--- On Thu, 3/10/11, Thomas Kohler <shneeble@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Thomas Kohler <shneeble@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [BTSS] Some WH changes with the Grey Knights pre-order
> To: battle-sisters@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 11:42 AM
> I'll be honest.  The old models
> I think are of better quality.  The new plastics aren't
> good enough to justify buying them (although for the record
> I sold off my GK last year or so).
>
> I think that the big stupid walker is fairly ugly.
>
>
>      
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>     battle-sisters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment