[WABlist] Re: Rules come Rules go

Saturday, August 28, 2010

 

Pat,

1. I just checked to be sure and fortunately we still live in the United States of America not Amerika.

2. For $60 at the right flea market table you can knock out the good portion of a 25mm army in Old Glory packs. Put in perspective, $60 is a fair amount of money for WAB 2.0 in it's current state.

3. If WAB 2.0 was complete and correct there would be far fewer questions about how to play and far more AARs and hints on how to
get the most out of your WAB gaming experience.

Don Manser

--- In WABlist@yahoogroups.com, pat longton <ptl1815@...> wrote:
>
> IThe business model may work with teenagers spending Mom and Dad's money, but not so much with other groups spending their own funds.
>  
> I bought the rules and really like them...who are you to say to anybody they aren't worth it.
>  
> I like following this forum and have really picked up some helpful hints on how the game is played and how the rules changes effect play. If you don't like the rules...so be it..but don't be critical of those of us that do...man it's just a game
>  
> can we get back to some questions on actual game play. I like to read battle reports to see how situations play out. As a solo gamer those are really helpful. One of these days I'll pack up the boys for a gaming convention to play, drum roll WAB 2.0
>  
>  
> PTL
> Mesa, AZ
>
> --- On Wed, 8/25/10, Don <the_guidon@...> wrote:
>
>
> From: Don <the_guidon@...>
> Subject: [WABlist] Re: Rules come Rules go
> To: WABlist@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Wednesday, August 25, 2010, 8:03 AM
>
>
>  
>
>
>
> Yep.
>
> IIRC John has already made the executive decision to go with 1.5 at FI and 2.0 at CW. Why the arguing? It's done.
>
> Play or don't play 2.0. Very simple.
>
> I don't yet have 2.0 but only because I have a difficult time justifying $58 for a book that is incomplete and poorly published.
> Par for the course at FW. The business model may work with teenagers spending Mom and Dad's money, but not so much with other groups spending their own funds.
>
> Will I eventually pick it up?
> Probably because there are times when I'd rather play or run WAB games. WAB is very good for running convention games. I will however wait until the complete errata are published.
>
> Gil,
>
> Take it easy. If you feel strongly enough about staying with 1.5 then just do what you think you need to do. No one will stop you.
> It's the great thing about civilized societies.
>
> Don M
>
> --- In WABlist@yahoogroups.com, daeriynn@ wrote:
> >
> > /;
> >
> >
> >
> > I'll play whatever. I only seem to be able to get in games at the tournaments, and I can lose with 2.0 as well as I did with 1.5. As long as its the same group of guys with the same laid-back friendliness, I'll play.
> >
> > I have not played 2.0 but it confuses me when certain people whose opinions I respect say that 2.0 is a better game, and very little changed, while other people whose opinions I respect say that 2.0 is a vastly different and worse game. I would love to see an analysis without all the angst, hyperbole and agendas out of it, and see what actually did change - on the table.
> >
> > I think we would agree that the final printing sucked, the errata was ridiculous and the distirbution methodology poor. The support is not what we want/ But lets leave all of those issues out of it.
> >
> > Of course, the errata may obfuscate some of the intention, but isn't that what we should be doing - lets correct what obviously went wrong and then argue the merits of the changes.
> >
> > I can't believe that all of the argument is over march blocking by skirmishers, and the inability of LI to swich between skirmish and close order.
> >
> > Mark Pino
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Community email addresses:
  Post message: WABlist@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    WABlist-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Unsubscribe:  WABlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  List owner:   WABlist-owner@yahoo.com

Shortcut URL to this page:
  http://www.yahoo.com/community/WABlist
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment