OK, so I think I am probably pointing out the obvious, but the errata for
FotW seems to be shockingly brief, given some of the confusions and
difficulties that are in that book. Most obviously, I think it is clear
that the designer wanted formed barbarians to have hand weapons, throwing
spears, and shields, and skirmishing barbarians to have hand weapons,
javelins and shields. This also seems like it would be an easy insertion
into the options below the barbarian warrior entry, and it would keep the
warriors roughly equal to the Roman, who are all rolling with throwing
spears.
Now, though, warriors have hand weapons, javelins, and shields (plus the
mixed weapon rule), but they can upgrade to a heavy throwing spears? This
seems funky, and a lot of things in this list seem like obvious choices for
errata. Other choices, like the priest, seem like unnecessary deletions.
Anyone have the inside info on why they made these choices?
Ilan
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Post message: WABlist@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: WABlist-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe: WABlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner: WABlist-owner@yahoo.com
Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.yahoo.com/community/WABlist
No comments:
Post a Comment