Hey everyone,
I now have my copy of Clash of Arms as well, but I am not as enthused as I
might have been. I think it all looks pretty good, but it is so close to
Warhammer that it really feels like the same thing. Playing it, therefore,
seems a little bit like learning a bunch of new details and nuances only for
the sake of being able to play a game "not Warhammer." I am OK with this, I
just would have liked it if the competition was about fun and exciting rules
differences and not which company seems the least indifferent to their
customers. On that note, here is my recent attempt to engage with
Forgeworld I am interested in Jeff's take on "confidentiality agreements
with authors"):
>>Me:
Dear Warhammer Historical,
I was hoping to find out what some of the plans are for the Warhammer
Ancient Battles lines of books. I have been playing2.0 with my local club,
but we have been wondering what kinds of releases we can look forward to
buying. Any information would be appreciated, and have a great day!
>>Simon Kirkham's response:
Hi,
Thank you for your email. There will be several new books released
from Warhammer Historical over the next few months, including some
suppliments for WAB 2.0. However, at the moment, we are not allowed to
state which periods these will cover.
>>my response:
Hi Simon,
Thanks very much for the prompt response, and for the information. Sorry to
bother you with a further question, but some of the player groups in my area
are frustrated with a seeming lack of communication/news releases from
Forgeworld. Is it possible for you to explain (briefly) why you are not
allowed to discuss upcoming releases? Sorry again to put you on the spot,
but with the release of Clash of Empires, a number of players in my area
seem to prefer WAB, but are concerned that a lack of availability, support,
and news releases might make CoE an easier game with which to build and
sustain a gaming community (in the last year we have built, and continue to
build, a vibrant WAB community here in Southern California).
Thanks again, and let me apologize again for further pursuing the question.
>>Tris Buckroyd's response:
Hi there.
We are not allowed to discuss any details of the supplements
due to confidentiality agreements with the authors. Please accept our
apologies for any inconvenience.
>>my response:
Hi Tris,
Thanks for the response. I was also hoping to ask one further question:
The southern California WAB players with whom I play have a number of events
throughout the year that are reasonably well attended. Right now, we
receive prize support from Warlord and Old Glory, but I was wondering if
there is a policy on prize support from Forgeworld. I think it would help
to build a stronger community to have support from the producers of WAB, but
I don't think the organizers of our events are in contact with anyone from
your company. I would be happy to pass along your policy and the contact
person's info to our organizers here in Southern California.
>> no response to this one.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Post message: WABlist@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: WABlist-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe: WABlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner: WABlist-owner@yahoo.com
Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.yahoo.com/community/WABlist
No comments:
Post a Comment