Re: Follow-up RE: [OpenFX] AUDUSD: Short?

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

 

Hi Clay,

Thanks for the heads up. All those information are very valuable.

Looking forward to check the new site.

Cheers,

Morimitsu

--- On Tue, 3/8/11, clay@claymarafiote.com <clay@claymarafiote.com> wrote:

From: clay@claymarafiote.com <clay@claymarafiote.com>
Subject: Follow-up RE: [OpenFX] AUDUSD: Short?
To: OpenFX@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 8:23 AM

 

Almost forgot...

Anyone who's interested in the long-term aussie option short might consider this:

Buy Australian dollar puts up to $5.90/option, making the cost $590 per contract (or lower, if you can get a better price). This is traded on the Philadelphia Exchange (PHLX) and the trading symbol is (@XDA 110917P00102500). Here's what you need to tell your broker: "I want to "buy to open the Sept. '11 102.50 puts--or put options--(@XDA 110917P00102500) @ $5.90 or lower."

If you find this information useful/helpful, please let me know. I can always be more specific, or less, or not provide any of it if nobody really cares ;-) That said, going forward, once the new site it up, this is some of the information I plan on making available--with the technical analysis reasoning, too (see yesterday's post) . Of course, we'll have active trade calls, with specific entries, targets, stops and exits, along with the other items I've mentioned (you saw these in the survey). Variety is the spice of life!

Again, keep me posted with your feedback.

Cheers,

Clay

 
 
This email communication may contain CONFIDENTIAL and PRIVILEGED information. Any unauthorized or improper disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this email and attached document(s) is prohibited. The information contained in this email and attached document(s) is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and delete the original email and attached document(s).
 


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [OpenFX] AUDUSD: Short?
From: <clay@claymarafiote.com>
Date: Tue, March 08, 2011 10:35 am
To: OpenFX@yahoogroups.com

 
Hi Jack,

Thanks for your note. I'll be putting options information at the new site. Quickly, currency options are traded through a regular stock account  (check with your broker to make sure they offer this) on the Philadelphia Stock Exchange. Of course, FX  traders don't have to use options and can just use their normal spot FX account, in thi this case, taking a short position. The advantage of options "is risk" is limited to the cost of t he option; however, the return is less, too.

Either way, options or spot FX, per my comments yesterday and the attached chart, I hope everyone was able to take the "temperature" of AUD-USD in the longer term. And, I hope these sorts of observations and posts are useful. I know many here are active traders, but I wanted to offer longer term observations for those who interested.

Cheers,

Clay

 


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [OpenFX] AUDUSD: Short?
From: "Jack" <jlhach7@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, March 07, 2011 3:39 pm
To: <OpenFX@yahoogroups.com>

 

Clay I am interested in learning how to use the put options.
 
Jack
 
 
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 1:35 PM
Subject: [OpenFX] AUDUSD: Short? [1 Attachment]

 
Hi Traders,

I'm watching AUD/USD for a shorting opportunity. True, it's been on a tear, going beyond parity. But, based on what I'm seeing, the aussie is setting-up for a turnaround. Per the weekly and daily charts, the technicals are point to this:

1) Rising wedge
2) MACD divergence
3) Elliott 5th wave
4) Harmonic pattern

I've attached a weekly chart highlighting the above, with the daily information, too. While I might, I'm not going to get into the fundamentals at the moment, but support what I'm seeing; I'll leave fundamentals for future posts.

If you're thinking "short", obviously you could sell AUD/USD using your spot forex account. Or, you might consider using a put option (let me know if you need more info on how to do this).

Also, let me know if this information is useful; as I continue developing the new site, obviously I only want to include those items you and other members find valuable. Mucho thanks for the feedback.

Great trading!

Clay



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment