RE: [WABlist] Was Gil..., Now Moving On...

Friday, March 11, 2011

 


I always like to have my characters be bigger or different to stand out in
the army. This way can tell what they are. One of my pet peeves for my
armies.

-----> There's a vote for heroic symbolism!
 

Picked up some of the relic figs, nice just maybe a little flat casting on
some.

------> They are getting better, which is why it is enjoyable to support them.

That being said, looks like now I have enough figs to do a Thracian army.
Anyone know where I can get some character figs for Thracians

------> Sadly it is all Don Effinger's fault, I only have two words for him.... "Thracian Bias"... yes it is he and he alone who has conspired to create a void of viable Thracian character models. Withotu Historicon support, they will not happen.   How did this evil transipre? Well because he made some vainglorious edict that the Thracians cannot be used at Historicon.... and he based this not on any sort of reasonbale basis, but based it on the semi-delusional statments of the list developer (over a beer ... or more) that he (said developer) did not think the Thracian list was "fully completly baked" for tournaments.  So it is totally his fault- Don's. 
If Don had allowed the Thracians then they would have won tournament after tournament- defeating the Sassanids and the White Company, and even the Han Chinese... game companies would have immediately been climbing all over themselves to push their EIR and pikemen out of the queue and shifting to Thracian models, mounted lords like Sitalkles, and Odrysian princes......
 
but no.. instead, because of the unilateral decision by one haughty NEWS overlord, we have no Thracian models other than what can be converted from the Old Glory Scythian or Hellenistic command set, or from the Foundry mounted Thracians, maybe with Skythian horses.  There is an older Odryisan model by Essex, but it is puny now... puny like the closed minded thinking of that NEWS tournament director, miniatuare kingmaker.. who banished Thracians to the fringes of side table action....
 
(That being said, I think the new errata makes the Thracians more of a viable list for gaming in WAB2.  I still feel the combination of Warband and Wedge for the Odrysian cavalry is a mistake- and I should have it be either OR-- if you are in wedge you lose warband.... but I find it amusing that as soon as I pursue that aggenda then people get up in my grill about why do I hate the Thracians so much.... so I blame it on Don).
JJ

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Community email addresses:
  Post message: WABlist@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    WABlist-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Unsubscribe:  WABlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  List owner:   WABlist-owner@yahoo.com

Shortcut URL to this page:
  http://www.yahoo.com/community/WABlist
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment