[WABlist] Re: Was Gil..., Now Moving On...Thracian edition

Friday, March 11, 2011

 

Thracians: http://wabforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=9387

I've heard that Relic does some Thracians (for your characters), but I haven't dug deep enough on their site to find them. Sounds like those would fit your needs if you can find them and use other makes for the basic foot troops. I like my special models to stand out as well (usualy adorned in purple and gold), but not like Goliath - to each his own.

I'm considderring applying some time to building a Thracian army too. However, I'm not a historian by trade (unless I'm sitting in armchair at a Holiday Inn...)
- Does every Thracian need to be wearing their "hoodie"?
- Would a more barbaric look in the units be appropriate?
- Would Warlord's Dacians be stretching it too far, even if they were mixed in?
- Would characters and unit leaders adorn themselves in stolen armor, helmets and other booty?
Any help, thoughts and skarky comments appreciated.

Allen

--- In WABlist@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Hughes" <hughes@...> wrote:
>
> I always like to have my characters be bigger or different to stand out in
> the army. This way can tell what they are. One of my pet peeves for my
> armies.
>
>
>
> Picked up some of the relic figs, nice just maybe a little flat casting on
> some.
>
>
>
> That being said, looks like now I have enough figs to do a Thracian army.
> Anyone know where I can get some character figs for Thracians
>
>
>
> Adam
>
>
>
>
>
> From: WABlist@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WABlist@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
> Jonas, Jeff
> Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:46 PM
> To: WABlist@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [WABlist] Was Gil..., Now Moving On...
>
>
>
>
>
> For the seven of you who are not on TMP:
> http://ancientbattles.com/antiochus_ptolemy/antiochus_ptolemy.htm
>
> This is the only thing I do.... reasonably ok.... it's free and
> uncorrupted by GW. I am extremely pleased by the fact that I am not
> always correct.
>
> Let's have the debate here. The owner of Relic miniatures is happy with
> the response to his 'heroic sized' general figures. They are nice. I
> like them too, but is this a trend that anybody really wants in 28mm
> gaming... discuss the pros and cons, and the opinions can be sent to
> Mike.
>
> My opinion can be discerned from my posts... we know Allen's opinion.
>
> I don't know if Polemarch is doing well with their normal sized
> character line, some are better than others... I prefer the
> Perseus/Philip V to the others, and that will be the next one I get
> to...
>
> JJ
> (Uflherdar are the stupidest troop type in WAB)
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Community email addresses:
  Post message: WABlist@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    WABlist-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Unsubscribe:  WABlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  List owner:   WABlist-owner@yahoo.com

Shortcut URL to this page:
  http://www.yahoo.com/community/WABlist
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment