Re: [WABlist] Re: Possible Great War Tournament

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

 

Ralph

 I have some ideas for a campaign using the great war, I've never really thought
of the rules as tournament rules.  I have a large early war German army and a
small French one, I also have a small late war German army.  I personally prefer
early war but Effinger is right about what armies people have their are probably
more late war people.  

Email me and we can discuss this if you want.

Thanks
Mike

 

________________________________
From: Rob Broom <rob.broom1@ntlworld.com>
To: WABlist@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, May 31, 2011 12:34:20 PM
Subject: [WABlist] Re: Possible Great War Tournament

 
Hi everyone,

I know this is a little off topic, but if you can remember from John's comments:

"In addition, we are thinking about a theme for Fall In which we'll share with
you soon, as well as adding a Warhammer Great War Western Front event for Cold
Wars, so stay tuned, and if you have suggestions, for campaign ideas or future
themed competitions, we'd love to hear them."

I'm going back, trying to remember who I have seen play this game in the last
few years.

I have come up with these names:

Mike Reardon (of course)
Ken Frost
Mack Tuck
Vince Salvato
Don Effinger
John Bianchi
Rob Richardson
and myself (have I missed anyone?)

Do any or all of you have WW1 figures? Are any of you interested in starting a
small semi-annual tournament that won't conflict too much with the other events.
Something along the lines of the WECW tournaments.

At the beginning, I am thinking about Early War only. We would start with small
armies with about a minimum of 4 squads of 10 or so men each. We'd also have HQ
and some brigade and divisional support. I'm thinking somewhere in to 500-750
point range for a start. Later we can move to the Late War period for the cooler
toys (in my case, Chauchat LMGs) and tanks!

We'd like to shoot for Cold Wars 2012 at the earliest, or maybe Historicon, if
some need more time to get their armies together. What do you think?

Again, sorry for having this on WABList. It is just that I can easily hit up the
"usual suspects" here.

Ralph the power gamer, with his Early War French!

-->

Yes , you missed me!!
Mike Bruck also played, and young Griff Carlson, (whose probably now added 4 or
so years, and no longer young!)

Late War might be a better choice as a number of players in the past events had
late war armies (or were colecting them) and early war armies can still be used.

Scarab Miniatures would be prepared to help with some form of
sponsership/support, as we do rather plenty of ranges for those who want to game
the Great War, and also stock Great War miniatures!

As I am hoping to attend Cold War 2012 as part of War and Conquest promotion, a
Great War game or two would work out rather well, just have to decide whether to
use French, Italians or Austrians

Kind regards

Rob
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Community email addresses:
  Post message: WABlist@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    WABlist-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Unsubscribe:  WABlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  List owner:   WABlist-owner@yahoo.com

Shortcut URL to this page:
  http://www.yahoo.com/community/WABlist
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment