[RPG_Player_Sanctuary] [Task Force 92] Why not make Kepler Station your next holiday destination?

Sunday, January 1, 2012

 

The Expanse

Sector
1757, also known as The Expanse, offers travellers more than they might
expect from a remote region of Federation space. A number of local
governments surround The Expanse such as the Cardassian Union, Ferengi
Alliance, Breen Confederacy and the Tzenkethi Coalition which means you
will never be short of interesting cultures to immerse yourself in
during your stay.  After passing closely by Cardassian space to arrive
at your destination you will have just a short trip to many interesting
sights and once in a life time opportunities!

Kepler Station
Situated
right in the middle of The Expanse, this Regula-Class station is our
recommended starting point for an action packed vacation.  Rumours of
an attack by a militant Bajoran group have been highly exaggerated and
we here at The Expanse Tourism Board personally insure your safety during your stay within our fine region*.

The
facilities on offer aboard Kepler Station are more than enough to keep
your family happy during their stay whether the kids want to pay a visit
to the Foodcourt or Holosuits on Deck Eight while their parents spend
some alone time in exclusive Treehouse Lounge situated within the three deck tall Arboretum.  Countless shopping
opportunities can also be found through the Promonade on Deck Nine.  No
matter your recreational or entertainment needs you're bound to find
something on Kepler Station to suit them all.

Task Force 92
Consisting
of 8 vessels and two outposts, including Kepler, Task Force 92 act as
Starfleet's representatives within The Expanse.  Performing the
occasional peacekeeping duties between their mission of exploration
whenever the need arises.

Testimonials
Don't
take our word for it though, bellow we have included a random sampling
of testimonials taken from both Starfleet and civilian people currently
living within The Expanse.

Interviewer: What role do you play in The Expanse?

Lieutenant J.G. Jason Beauvoir [USS Renaissance]:I am the Chief Operations Officer, basically it is the job of myself and
my department to divvy up the meagre resources, of the Renaissance
amongst the Departments that require them.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Phillip Sheridan[Kepler Station]:Officially my primary role [on Kepler Station] is as a linguist & anthropologist
attached to the science department. As an expert in the early days of
Starfleet (2140's & 50's), I also look for parallels between the
environment then and now. Unofficially I help wherever I'm needed on
Kepler regardless the Dept.

Ensign Dar Vox[USS Renaissance]:Currently I'm the Assistant Chief of Security/Tactical. It's my job to make life easier for the Chief of Security/Tactical but
on this ship we both seem to have our hands full keeping most of the
crew from killing each other.

Captain Nikolas G. Bakyr [Kepler Station]:Actually I'm glad you asked because I'm not totally sure I know... Oh sure, I'm
technically the Commanding Officer, but what does that mean when so many strange things have happened in such a short time? Some might call my
role Ringmaster of an outdated circus station.  Some might say I'm a
glorified babysitter for Officers and civilians... basically I'll have
to wait and see what my role is exactly.  And at almost Seventy years of age I find that rather exciting!

Interviewer: How would you describe your boss?

Captain Miko Hayakawa [USS Renaissance]:Oh, he's great. I just love being sent on suicide missions by a British asshole from Starfleet "Intelligence".

Violet Matthews[Kepler Station]:Well, I haven't really known Bridget Shannon very long but she seems nice.  I've heard a few people mention she has a colourful past though... not sure why they seemed to think that was
such a good thing.  She's really keen to make the Treehouse Lounge a
great place to spend some time though, like it was before the temporary
CO banned civilians.  I mean what use is a lounge if most of the
population couldn't use it?  The new one has sorted that out though so
I'm really happy!

Lieutenant Maya Takagi [USS Renaissance]:I am my boss. Oh, you mean the Captain. She performs her duties better
than one might expect. I understand how she thinks. I suppose we are
friends. So that means if you mess with her, you mess with me.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Nilari Shendehor[Kepler Station]:Considering my department Chief and I have served together on our previous posting I believe I
know him fairly well.  Although he doesn't understand the subtleties of
Andorian humour he can be quite funny.  Laid back is a word most people
would use to describe him although he can be serious sometimes. I guess
despite the fact he isn't what I consider a normal Officer he's a good person and that is important in a Starfleet
Officer.

Interviewer: If you only had one word to describe your ship or station what would it be?

Petty Officer 2nd Class Phillip Sheridan[Kepler Station]:Eccentric.

Lieutenant John Reynolds[Kepler Station]:Bitching!

Captain Miko Hayakawa [USS Renaissance]:Sex.

Lieutenant Maya Takagi [USS Renaissance]:Rebellious.

Chief Petty Officer Harrison Matthews[USS Endeavour]:Terrifying.

Interviewer: Describe an average day in The Expanse.

Ensign Dar Vox[USS Renaissance]:I get out of bed start the day with a fist in my face as I break up a
fight. Break up a few more fights. See the shrink as ordered by
Starfleet to keep me out of the brig. Watch the Tactical station on the
Bridge and try to go unnoticed as I contemplate why I can't just let my
temper fly and kill someone. Break up a few more fights. Spend some time in a Holodeck (If one is working) letting out my tensions on a hologram and not a crewmen. Then I try to get some sleep before I have
to get up to break up another fight.

Lieutenant J.G. Jason Beauvoir [USS Renaissance]:I get up in the morning after too few hours sleep, shower and dress,
before grabbing a bite to eat. I then head to my office, where I go over the previous shift's reports and find out that most of the work I did
on my last shift has been undone by one of my subordinates, who thinks
he knows the systems better than I do. I contemplate having the upstart
fired out a torpedo tube, but that would give me more 'paper work' to do. I then report to my station on the Bridge,
where I reset the system bypasses that the idiot changed and then have
to deal with conflicting requests for sensor time from the Tactical and
Science departments. If I'm lucky (read unlucky), I get to break up a
fist fight between two junior officers or someone attacks the ship. Oh,
then there are the Away Missions that never seem to go as planned.

Violet Matthews[Kepler Station]:Uh... pretty sure we've never had one of those.  Days on Kepler can get kind
of insane without much warning.  Like the other day when the Transporter accidentally split my friend into five versions of himself, that was
messed up!  Or there was the um... *counts on fingers* three times we
suddenly moved from one Quadrant to another... I think it was three but I might've lost count.  So yeah, no average days since I've been living
here.

Lieutenant Maya Takagi [USS Renaissance]:Every morning I practice yoga for 30 minutes. Then I take a 10 minute
sonic shower, during which I fantasize about what it would be like to
have a water shower, and resent the fact that our Captain and XO have
such amenities. Afterwards I perform a blood test on myself to see if my body is lacking any essential nutrients and vitamins, and create a
light breakfast to address those... Oh... this is too much detail.

Interviewer: Would you change anything?

Captain Miko Hayakawa [USS Renaissance]:Only if they'd let me shoot myself in the head.

Lieutenant John Reynolds[Kepler Station]: Sexier uniforms for the female doctors!  That's not as sexist as it sounds, I'm dating one of them...

Lieutenant Maya Takagi [USS Renaissance]:This entire ship should be condemned, half the crew should be committed to
an asylum, and the other half discharged from Starfleet. Or someone
should put a water shower in my quarters.Pick one.

Violet Matthews[Kepler Station]:That's a tough one really... we've had some bad times but they've only helped
to bring us closer together.  I guess we could use more puppies. 
There's always room for puppies!

Captain Nikolas G. Bakyr [Kepler Station]:Hmm... well the only thing I've planned on changing are the showers.  My new
Executive Officer suggested water showers, probably knowing it was
unlikely, but I've decided to take her suggestion seriously! Why can't
Kepler have water showers?

This message was brought to you by the good people of The Expanse Tourism Board with permission from Starfleet Command and The United Federation Of Planets.

* The Expanse Tourism Board in no way takes responsibility for insuring you
or your loved ones remain physically or mentally unharmed during any
activities undertaken within Sector 1757.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To Post message, email RPG_Player_Sanctuary@yahoogroups.com,
To Unsubscribe, email RPG_Player_Sanctuary-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com,
To contact list owner, email RPG_Player_Sanctuary-owner@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment