[RPG_Player_Sanctuary] Looking for a long term writing one-on-one partner

Thursday, August 30, 2012

 

This is not something I usually do, but what
the heck. I am currently looking for a one-on-one writing partner.  We would be playing by email or [sometimes
maybe] in YIM if/when times permit, but not exclusively or necessarily. I'm sure you would like to know something about me now.
Why you should contact me to write with.Hmmm, what to tell.  Well…
 
I can write in all kinds of genres, although I am
better at some than others, however I am always willing to try new things. I
just love to write, tell a good tale, and really explore the life of great
characters. I love lots of drama and twist and turns in my writing. I love
really good villains and even better hero/heroines and intricately woven plots.
I prefer a good story and great character development over gratuitous sex, but
I think I can write pretty sensual sex scene when/or if the time comes for that in that story.  For me however, the story is more import
than the sex. I am not interested in cybering [and calling it writing] or to
use you to live out some taboo fantasy I have. Like the best movie, I
interested in the characters and their lives and the journey they go
on-whatever that journey maybe.
 
I am given to long detailed narrative at time, but I
can write shorter post, if need be. I believe the best writers inspire their
partners to greatness, so I always try to give my partners something good to
work with. But this search for a partner is not all about me.  I want to collaborate with someone.
 
Whatever WE write will be OUR story. We have to BOTH
LOVE IT or there is no point. I am looking for a partner who loves to plot and
who wants to throw out plot ideas and storylines that they would like to
explore to. I think the better the plotting sessions go, the better the vibe
between us, the strong the story. We may not even go in the direction
of the plotting [since stories seem to take on minds of their own], but I think
it helps with the synergy of the writing, as well as helps us learn each other
style and keeps the story interesting when we are both active in the creation
of the story.
 
I tend to like to write original story ideas, and
characters even if it's within the confines of someone else establish world.  I am also open to the possibility of stepping in and helping you
continue a storylines that you may have started
once upon a time with other partner, but not finished if you are interested in
doing the same with me. [Of course with the understanding that the story may
morph and change as the creative energy changes.]

I have been RPing for about 11 years now and fancy
myself a decent writer. I'm not always the best proofreader of my work, but I think
I do a pretty good job with the prose themselves that I make up for the dangling participle and occasional misspelled word.

I can write
both male and female characters, although I tend to write from the female
prospective.

I will let you know upfront that Real Life does get in the way a lot for
me, so my writing may be slow. But if you are willing to hang in there with me,
I will make it worth your while.

Like all writers, I do have some writing pet peeves and likes and dislikes as well as several ideas for stories and writing samples to send if anyone would
like to read what I can do. If you like what you read so far, please contact me
offlist at qsangel95@yahoo.com and we
can chit chat for a bit and see if we mesh.

 thanks.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To Post message, email RPG_Player_Sanctuary@yahoogroups.com,
To Unsubscribe, email RPG_Player_Sanctuary-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com,
To contact list owner, email RPG_Player_Sanctuary-owner@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment