Re: [WABlist] Re: WAB2 Open Order Mounted

Saturday, September 4, 2010

 

Sorry to bring this up again but...... going to a tournamant tomorrow (Mark /
Jim, Lance and I will be there tomorrow, let me know if you need additional
matts or terrain) and a buddy of mine noticed something on the last page (page
7) of the official errata (my underliningg and bolding, their period mark);
"Are Wedges Open Order? How do they work in the new rules?All formed cavalry are
open order by default, unless barded or Massed Cavalry. So a wedge will usually
comprise
of open order troops. However note that a wedge manoeuvres using a special pivot
move, and does not
turn. The normal open order advantages of "free" turns and
expansions/contractions therefore do not apply to
wedges."
 
Seems real clear.  Based on this I will expect to play my non-barded/non-massesd
cavalry as open order.  Going to make playing against non-barded early period
Knights a lot more challeging.......
 
Comments?
 
Richard
 

________________________________
From: Jeff Jonas <jjonasartist@sbcglobal.net>
To: WABlist@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, August 17, 2010 8:19:15 AM
Subject: Re: [WABlist] Re: WAB2 Open Order Mounted

 
It is not a mistake.. it was the intent.
You wanted to argue the rule as printed.... so you are correct. I wanted to
argue the rule as presented in my draft copy as "intended". The intent was to
make all non-barded cavalry and chariots more useful in the game, cavalry- even
heavy cavalry is inherently more maneuverable than formed infantry.
I see no problem with Norman knights or heavy charitots maneuvering as open
order cavalry, in fact in the case of the Normans I see a number of instances
where it is described.

My arguement about 'intent" can only be backed up by Martin's comments. I did
not see this in the errata. I can see how your arguement over commas defeats the
intent of the rule. Martin's comment implies the fact that the clear wording of
the draft was f&cked up in the final draft by those ethereal shades who frogged
up the other issues.

So please go ahead and argue away, have fun!
JJ

> It's obviously a mistake. I can't
> even imagine that heavily armored knights designed for shock
> or heavy Assyrian chariots can manuever like open order
> cavalry.
>
>
> Igor
> Sent via Interstellar Space Vox
>
>
> ---------- Original Message ----------
> From: crhkrebs@golden.net
> To: WABlist@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [WABlist] Re: WAB2 Open Order Mounted
> Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:15:07 -0000
>
> <!--CTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
>"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dt--><span
> style="display: none;">&nbsp;</span>
> <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStartT|**|-~--><div
> id="ygrp-mlmsg" style="position: relative;"><div
> id="ygrp-msg" style="z-index:
> 1;"><!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEndT|**|-~--><div
> id="ygrp-text"><p><br>&gt; On the WAB
> Forum, the author, Martin Gibbins, wrote:<br>&gt;
> <br>&gt; "all cavalry, camelry and chariotry is
> open order unless it is barded. Thankfully I am not
> responsible for the comma."<br>&gt;
> <br>&gt; Regards,<br>&gt;
> Perry<br>&gt;<br><br>Perry, I also
> found this quote from Tommy, one of the WABForum moderators,
> which echoes Martin's comments:<br><br><a
>href="http://wabforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8307">http://wabforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8307</a><br><br>Ralph<br><br></p></div><!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStart|**|-~--><div
>v
> style="height: 0px; color:
>#fff;"></div><!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEnd|**|-~--><!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStart|**|-~--><!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEnd|**|-~--><!--
>-
> end group email --></html>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Community email addresses:
>   Post message: WABlist@yahoogroups.com
>   Subscribe:    WABlist-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
>   Unsubscribe:  WABlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>   List owner:   WABlist-owner@yahoo.com
>
> Shortcut URL to this page:
>   http://www.yahoo.com/community/WABlistYahoo! Groups
> Links
>
>
>     WABlist-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>

 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Community email addresses:
  Post message: WABlist@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    WABlist-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Unsubscribe:  WABlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  List owner:   WABlist-owner@yahoo.com

Shortcut URL to this page:
  http://www.yahoo.com/community/WABlist
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment