I have only a few players that will let me use them as Repressors and not Rhinos, so I do not have that much experience with them yet. Against SM they are so so but against horde army's they work well. Played Foot Dar the other day and both Repressors work out well, even with one immobilized in the second turn. He moved up to 24" and I was able to get 8 bolter shots into a Gaurdian squad. They soon back up from there, another time I was able to move 6" put 14 bolter shots and 2 HF on a unit and kill almost all of them. I have found at under 8" most unit will get the beat stick from this and not have enough left to hurt you. Once again this is not easy to do but great when it happens. I hope they change the rules for the Repressor some if we get a new codex and allow the PMHF to fire after moving 12" this should make this a monster on the field with Im to support. Really I just think the model is great looking with the army and makes it stand out, I have no Rhinos at all only IM (2), Rep (3), and Ex (3). I think if they made a plastic for this it would sell really well but the FW one is hard to assemble and very expensive (LR cost or more for kit, with IM).
Hope this helps.
John
--- In battle-sisters@yahoogroups.com, Tom Lynch <rowport@...> wrote:
>
> John-
>
> How effective do you find the Repressor? I have never tried it, just use the typical Rhino/Immolator transports plus two Exorcists at range.
>
> I would expect that it is at its best against infantry hordes? I use my Immolators and/or Zealot squad for the purpose.
>
> -Tom
>
> --- On Tue, 5/31/11, johnlay95 <john_lay@...> wrote:
>
> > From: johnlay95 <john_lay@...>
> > Subject: [BTSS] Repressor
> > To: battle-sisters@yahoogroups.com
> > Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 6:10 PM
> > Just picked up 3rd repressor from
> > Ebay. This one seems to have all the FW doors and
> > extra armour, put together and painted. Really hope
> > they put the rules for this in the new codex if not I just
> > might have to sell all of it off and get out of the hobby.
> >
> > John
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> > battle-sisters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
> >
> >
> >
>
Re: [BTSS] Repressor
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE
.
__,_._,___
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment